Of particular interest to our ALERE (aka TIW Technologies) software is the announcement of their latest release: version 14. The list of new features is too lengthy to detail here (but you can view it here any time: https://www.tiwcorp.com/downloads/history/new_features_v14.pdf)… So we thought we’d recap just a few today. If you’re an ALERE user, get in touch with us about installing the new version.
Not an ALERE user? Well then, you’re missing out on one of the premier PC-based manufacturing solutions out there today. We’ve been proud to represent this product since its early days, going back about 25 years or so. If you’re looking for manufacturing solutions, ask us about ALERE.
New features added to the latest release include…
- A new Service module was added to the ALERE product to support the generation and execution of service jobs. The Service module contains the screens necessary to define the service elements (Service Catalog, Service Site Information, Resource Class, Service Ticket and Recurring Service Generation). Additionally, various service reports were integrated into the module.
- Dispatch Module – A new Dispatch module was added to the ALERE product to support the scheduling (and reporting) of service jobs. The Service Scheduling segment includes the screens used to define the scheduling of service jobs (Resource Calendar, Dispatch Board and Service View).
- Adjustable Supplier Item Number Fields – Throughout the entire product, the length of the supplier item number can be adjusted by changing the value in the foreign fields table, allowing for whatever lengths are necessary for an individual company’s needs.
- Adjustment Notes – The Physical Inventory Count screen has a new field to enter notes for the inventory adjustments being made when the counts are posted.
- UPS Integration – The product now interfaces with UPS to provide tracking, costing and label creation capabilities.
- Error Screen for Physical Inventory – The Physical Inventory Count screen will now display an errors screen after posting which contains a list of any items that did not post along with the error message. The list can be printed or exported to Excel.
- Expanded Serial Numbers – Throughout the entire product, the length of the serial numbers has been increased from 20 to 25 characters.
- Standalone Appointments/Tasks – The InTouch calendar appointments and tasks can now be utilized without a link to Outlook. The information is stored within the ALERE contact management tables.
- Copy Document Types – The Copy button on the Purchase Order screen has been changed to allow copying one document type to another document type.
- Transfer/Purchase Order Support – The Add button on the Transfer Order screen has been changed to allow the creation of a transfer order from a purchase order. This will create a transfer order in add
These are just a few of the more than 60 new features and enhancements added with this new release, published just last week.
But you get the drift. You can check out the entire list with screen shots via the link at the top of this post… or just contact PSSI for details.