Microsoft is releasing the latest version of its best-selling Dynamics NAV ERP software – now deployed at 120,000 companies worldwide – this month, coinciding with the “Directions EMEA” (Europe, Middle East, Asia) conference in a few days, followed immediately by the “Directions USA” conference, being held in Orlando this yer, and which will be attended by several of us at PSSI in just a couple weeks.
Early word is that the newest NAV, code-named Corfu, will be the most cloud enabled ever (no surprise there, as Microsoft continues to heavily promote its Azure cloud platform infrastructure). Additional enhancements are said to include:
- Better integration to O365 and Power BI
- Native Integration to CRM Online
- Improve agility to allow improved access from any device including mobile
- Electronic invoicing and optical character recognition
- Enhanced accounting functionality
- Workflow enhancements to improve customized automation around billing, HR and Payroll, financials and other critical functions.
Microsoft will release all the details about the Dynamics NAV 2016 when our team is in Orlando this month for Directions, as noted earlier. But as the folks at NAV-hosting firm RoseASP put it at their website recently, “it is clear that this is going to be a major release for the product and it seems like this version will be worth getting excited about.”
Expect to hear more from us in the days and weeks ahead about this significant release of Microsoft’s best-selling ERP product. Stay tuned…