PSSI recently returned from the annual “NAV Directions” conference in San Diego, where Microsoft and its many partners provided sneak peeks of the latest version of NAV, dubbed simply “NAV 2015”. As NAV 2015 is released this week, we thought we’d share a few highlights from the NEW version…
- NEW: Dynamics NAV for tablets – A new user interface redesigned for touch on tablets. Elegant and fast, it puts content first. It’s NAV, but with the look and feel of Microsoft Office. Role tailored. Available on App Store, Google Play and iOS App stores.
- NEW user experience enhancements, like Enhanced Cues including customizable color (or ‘sentiment’) codes (Red for hot, Green for okay, or whatever you choose) and other controllable format options, like custom values, or almost any computed value in NAV.
- NEW Office 365 integration – Sign into the Windows NAV client using your Office 365 account. Drill down, analyze, share.
- NEW: page simplification – Show only what’s needed, swiftly and cleanly. A more modern Office 365-style design. Fewer pages needing fewer clicks. Simplified setup from role centers.
– Chart up to 8 KPIs on “master data cards” in the role center.
– Create mandatory fields, totals on sales and purchase documents and auto-filled number fields.
– Simplification is a foundation for building solutions with a simpler user experience (UX) with focus on basic sales and purchase scenarios for small business solutions.
- NEW: Use Microsoft Word 2013 as a layout editing option for document reports (like invoices, POs, etc.). Customize document reports. Change fonts, insert a holiday greeting, or add images in a WYSIWYG environment.
– Also, report scheduling
- Enhanced cash management features and improved bank management integration; new bank file conversion tools (from AMC).
- Improved upgrading tools (Yay from a reseller!). New merge utilities to simplify code upgrades and data upgrades for moving from older NAV to new, thanks to a new object called the upgrade codeunit.
For your convenience, we’ve attached a PDF of these changes below.