The newest version of Microsoft’s best-selling ERP solution, Dynamics NAV 2018, has just recently been released.
There are far too many changes, big and small, to fit into a post here, so we’ve made the full text of their release document available FREE for the asking as a pdf. The document was written by Microsoft, details all the changes just since the last (2017) version, and it’s yours for the asking from Ted.Myers@pssiusa.com.
(Note that it only covers what’s new in the last year. For users on versions prior to 2017, just know that hundreds of changes preceded those listed in the new release document.)
Among the new features, in no particular order:
- User task simplification – From a new Setup and Extensions button that provides a single place for settings, to User Tasks you can define that remind you of work to be done, by you or others.
- A new Employee account type in general journal lines to create employee ledger entries, as well as post payments to an employee.
- A new Image Analyzer extension uses image analytics to detect attributes in images in conjunction with Microsoft’s Computer Vision API. It’s an AI app that identifies attributes like types and colors, as well as human genders and ages for contact persons.
- Power BI Reporting provides Business Intelligence in the place and time you need it. Select, interact with and filter reports by selecting records from the associated list page.
- Improved OCR results and vendor synchronization (when using Lexmark ICS).
- Easily Cancel or correct job related posted invoices on invoices created with ‘billable’ types of planning lines.
- Posting setup improvements and visibility over missing posting notifications.
- Improvements to ‘Change Global Dimensions’ reporting.
- Enhancements for EFT (Electronic Funds Transfers) including report modification abilities.
- Increased integration with Office 365.
- New application user docs.
- A language selector at the bottom of the page to switch to other languages.
- Changes for developers and IT staff to C/AL functions, data types, properties and triggers.
- Change server settings without restarting the server.
- Personalization of the web client and report previews in the web client on ALL supported browsers, not just Explorer.
- An expanded API library that extends NAV functionality further still, allowing third-party developers to create connected apps on the Dynamics NAV platform.
Like the world of business, the world of software never stands still for long.
We encourage you to download the full document by clicking here. It’s fast and free, just by confirming your name and email.